An Emergency Department Second to None
Waterbury Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center staffed 24-hours a day by skilled doctors, nurses and support staff. There are approximately 55,000 visits to our Emergency Department each year. We treat patients of all ages and with the most acute medical conditions.
- When seconds count, we provide exceptional cardiac care, including EKG transmission direct from the ambulance.
- Our state-of-the –art Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory ensures prompt care for patients with acute heart symptoms.
- We have the highest standards of care for stroke patients and are the Winner of the 2015 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award.
- We offer 24-hour Diagnostic Imaging with the latest state-of-the-art equipment and our dedicated bedside technology enables convenient early diagnosis.
- We offer 24-hour Behavioral Health crisis management and triage services for adolescents and adults. We feature the area’s only specialized inpatient units for the Behavioral Health treatment of adolescents.
- Medical helicopter transport is available for acute patients in partnership with Yale-New Haven Hospital’s SkyHealth helicopter and Hartford Hospital’s LIFE STAR helicopter.