“To give aid to the Hospital by furnishing clothing, bedding, delicacies, papers, books, pictures and other needed articles.”
That was the mission 40 Waterbury ladies set in 1890 when they joined hearts and hands to create the “Hospital Aid Society,” the first hospital auxiliary in Connecticut.
More than 100 years later, the Waterbury Hospital Auxiliary’s mission remains unchanged. The pattern of commitment and service established by the founding members is followed by our Auxiliary volunteers to this day. Its successes are a tribute to the dedicated women who make the Auxiliary a vital part of their lives.
Since 1983, the Auxiliary has contributed more than $1 million to the Hospital for the purchase of advanced medical and surgical equipment, the construction of new diagnostic facilities and the expansion of patient services. In 2002, the Auxiliary completed a $250,000 contribution toward the establishment of The Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center.
For information on how to join the Waterbury Hospital Auxiliary, call the Auxiliary office at 203-573-6221.