Crisis Assessment and Triage Service
The Crisis Assessment and Triage Service (CAT) provides easy access to the entire continuum of services at Behavioral Health of Waterbury Hospital. The CAT is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week by calling 203-573-6500. Appointments are available within 24 hours; however, clients may also be seen on an emergent/urgent basis.
CAT services include:
- Emergent/urgent behavioral health treatment 24 hours per day, seven days per week
- Referral to all programs within the Behavioral Health of Waterbury Hospital continuum.
- Walk-in or scheduled appointments
- Outreach and consultation in the community and emergency room settings
- In-home evaluation and assessment
- Critical incident debriefing
- Telephone crisis counseling
- Assessment, evaluation and referrals
- Psychiatrist on site at all times
- Twenty-three hour observation bed program
- Short-term inpatient crisis bed with accompanying rapid assessment, stabilization, treatment and after-care planning
- Respite level of care in supervised apartments