Key Facts & Figures
- Year founded – 1890
- Location: 64 Robbins Street, Waterbury, Connecticut 06721
- Communities: Beacon Falls, Bethlehem, Cheshire, Middlebury, Naugatuck, Oxford, Prospect, Southbury, Thomaston, Waterbury, Watertown, Wolcott, Woodbury.
- Total population served: 359, 431
- Number of licensed beds – 357
- Number of employees – 2,000
- Number of doctors – 626
- Number of annual admissions – 11,700
- Number of newborns – 1,100
- Outpatient visits – 174, 800
- Emergency Department visits – 53,600
- Behavioral Health outpatient visits – 23,000
Yale University School of Medicine, the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine of Quinnipiac University and Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.
Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center, a joint partnership between Waterbury Hospital and Saint Mary’s Hospital.
Joint Commission Accreditation
Last accreditation cycle: July 2016 – July 2019
- Founded in 1890
- Oldest organization of its type in Connecticut
- Has raised more than $1 million