Preparing for Your Visit
Let Us Help You Prepare for Your Visit
Whether receiving inpatient or outpatient care, planning for your hospital stay can make for a better experience. In addition to specific medical advice and instructions from your doctor, there are several other things to do before your scheduled visit:
- Complete any pre-hospitalization tests as recommended by your doctor.
- Read and understand insurance coverage and our insurance and billing policy and make any necessary arrangements.
- Read and understand your patient rights.
- Make sure you bring all prescribed medications with you to the hospital.
- Bring your identification card.
- Find out where you need to be on the day of surgery including directions and parking.
- Arrange for drop off at the hospital through family members or call to arrange for free pick up on our Be Well Bus (203) 573-7711 .
For more information visit the Connecticut Hospital Association.