(Effective Dec. 29, 2023)
Waterbury Hospital recognizes that patient visitation is an important component of the hospital experience. Patients have the right to receive visitors that they have designated unless their presence infringers on As part of our ongoing commitment to maintaining a safe and welcoming environment, we recognize
that patient visitation is an important component of the hospital experience. The health and safety of our
patients, staff, and visitors is our top priority and we value the healing quality of patient visitation. We
would like to communicate the following guidelines and protocol regarding visitation effective
Visiting hours are 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily.
• Maternity visiting hours are 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily. Fathers/significant others/support
persons may visit at any time.
• Intensive Care Unit: Visiting hours are 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily. The visiting policy is
individualized to meet patient and family/support person’s needs. All visitors are asked to use
the phones in the waiting room to check with staff prior to entering the ICU.
• Pomeroy 8 visiting hours: Monday-Friday 1:00-2:00 p.m. and 7:00-8:00 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday
1:00-2:30 p.m. and 7:00-8:00 p.m.
• 2 Visitors per patient. During respiratory season, ages 16 and over only
RESPIRATORY ISOLATION PATIENTS (INCLUDING COVID 19):
• Two visitors per patient, 16 years of age or older
o FBC has one visitor in addition to the father/significant other/support person.
• Visitors must follow PPE guidelines.
• Visitors are asked to restrict movement throughout hospital for patient, staff, and visitor safety
*Exceptions may be made at the discretion of Clinical Management for patients who are on
comfort measures/end of life care.
Thank you for your cooperation in making a secure and welcoming environment.
Waterbury Hospital Infection Prevention Team